Friday, July 3, 2009

My Life's Purpose

If you had to, what would you dedicate your life to? What would you devote your entire life to achieving and fulfilling? I am 23 years old with no worth while accomplishments to my name. I can carry on living like this. Just be another person in a swarm of humanity that crawls through their daily lives doing things they detest, just to get by. Eat, work, excrete, Repeat. But the very fact that God put us on this earth means something more. It has to. There has to be a higher purpose, a driving force in each of us which goes beyond the mere quest for material possessions. We just cannot spend time doing nothing. Every action , every choice should lead to enrichment of the soul and the body. We should become better than we are. It is hard to change , because we are programmed that way. To take the easy path and to be reluctant to change. But we can also be conditioned to do just about anything. Anything.

So what is my purpose in life. My life is an experiment. Its a test of human commitment and corruption. Can one person give up everything he has worked hard to achieve for the betterment of humanity. Can I after amassing a huge fortune give it up for the sake of the destitute and the impoverished. This is my life's aim. My purpose. To which I dedicate myself.

I found my calling by asking a simple question. Can everyone in the world be rich or is it necessary for people to be poor and deprived. Is our social hierarchy so built, that it would be destroyed by the absence of any one class? Can there ever be a Utopia. or the closest practical thing resembling it on this earth?? Is it what makes us human that is pulling us back, failing us. It is essentially human to be a mix of evil and good. Can only the good prevail? I don't think I can find my answer from a few isolated cases. It needs to a collective reply from the whole of humanity.

I tread the path of salvation .. of the entire human race. And each step in that path is an act of self improvement, betterment and striving to attain a more pure state of existence. I am a vegetarian from today. I cannot waste time on inanities. I have to use more than 10% of my brain capacity. I have to condition myself. I have to constantly endeavor, evolve, assess and improve. Oh yeah, and one more thing......

PSYCH!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is one thing i spend most of my free time thinking...... what to do to make a difference to someone....anyone... even if it means just listening to their troubles and trying my best at suggesting a solution.

I have always felt we are put here to explore, discover God's mysteries and to cherish everything..... fact or mystery.....

Finding meaning in life is probably the hardest thing for a human.

I am still trying to understand the different purposes for which I have been chosen by Him.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.