Wednesday, June 6, 2007

I remember a day...



Right now it is about to rain.It is the threshold point.any time now the clouds will burst and it will rain like theres no tomorrow.This is my favourite kind of day,time.The sky grey with clouds,a cool breeze blowing,leaves somehow greener than usual,and an overall cooler climate.I love it!You wish it never rains,you wish it stays the same forever,but it wont.Just like everything in life,this too shall pass...
I remember , a very similar day ,way back in 2003,couple of days before i was to set off for kerala.My father would often set me out on errands on this day i had to drop off two cheques,one application form and then go meet my friend Abhishek Roy.The clouds were at their fullest and somehow the roads seemed empty save for my blueline bus.Seated next to me was sadhu/sant type guy who was conspicuously spotting ear phones.As the bus swerved into the outer circle of CP thunder cracked, and simultaneoulsty something came under the tyre of the bus for it screeched for some distance .The sadhu/sant and i looked at each other ,alarmed( we were the only occupants of the back seat of the bus) but no one else seemed perturbed.my fears allayed I looked out the backdoor as the sights of many street vendors whizzed by.The wind was blowing,it was cool,comforting.I got off at Regal,and headed to the Karnataka Bank to drop off the cheques( My father somehow seems to have an account in each and every nationalized bank in the country).That done i headed over to my school , where i was to meet AB.He was standing at the bus stop and should have been fuming at me-i was quite late- but it was too good a day to be angry.We went to the nearby JCC where i had to drop off a form.We walked the 300 m, and were discussing who was going where-we had all recently passed 12th- and how the end of days was looming ever close.AB stopped and said perhaps we may never meet again..It rained at that precise moment....all i could do was smile sheepishly..God I have known this guy since i was a kid.. and plenty of others like him..My life was headed for a change.. Big time change... Realization seeped through me like 4000Watts of current... I don't remember what we did that day or where we were headed to.. but it was the last of many similar days...



PS:i do remember eating chole bhatura at Bengali Market, later on..

PS2: somehow that time finds parallel to my last days in college..

2 comments:

Gaurav said...

hey i got th 4000 "volts" ka jhatka by just readin... nyways mine ws a very sudden departure.. n had othr things 2 worry abt n nvr got a chance 2 think this way...
man u ver always poor w units of electricty :P

ananth said...

enne pinneyum pinneyum nee enthina karayipukanathu :D ...on a serious note dude great one..