Sunday, August 26, 2007

My temp Acco rocks...

I have been put up at 68 A,cedar lane.I am staying now with a group of 5 guys whos are from south india.3 from tamil nadu ,1 mallu and 1 from Andhra.Theres vathsa the cool guy,Shyam the chatter, Venkat the lol guy,Shiva,the compulsive movie watcher and Raghuveer,the resident comedian.Theres a big guy called B who keeps dropping in. . This is place is real fun.Its almost like a sitcom ,every other minute a guy makes a grand entrance into the apartment, and everyone’s a comedian.So many things are happening at the same time in their lives.The conversation is never dry.though they speak in tamil I can follow a lot.Even my fellow temps are gr8 guys.Teja,the lover boy and Mahesh,aka prince.It is indeed a pleasure nay an honour to be allowed into their homes and have a peek into their lives.Its humbling how well they treat you."Family ke members!!" is what venkat announces when he comes home every night.They sit around having the most animated conversatioons, while one guy cooks the food.Later I came to know that theres another guy hari, who is actually the RIGSA vice president and that Vathsa is actually from Syracuse here for internship.Hari is someone you look at once and realize that he's the studious type,but hes cool.And he is very active with the RIGSA stuff...
its all good.. this RIGSA deal...they pick you up from the airport, put you up in their homes,take you out walks to dunkin donuts, i doubt any other university has such a good system in place.I really enjoyed those midnight walks, we have to take a detour through johnson park,so as to avoid the cars that come through a tunnel, and rt when we reach under the bridge, everyone starts shouting,because it echos.
Man, I am going to miss these guys when I finally get my own apartment.

No comments: