Sunday, December 2, 2007

Let it snow,Let it snow,Let it snow....








Oh the weather outside is frightful,
But the fire is so delightful,
And since we've no place to go,
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!


Why is it that i wake up when i get a phone call, but wont wake up when my alarm goes wild in throes of vibration??So i get a phone call at 7:30 from Teja, hey open your door, I am downstairs.I unlatched the door and lied down again.But something outside stuck me as odd.The sky seemed empty,and the treetops that i usually spot from my mattress on the floor-silently mourning the loss of their leaves- seemed more solemn than usual,and I just knew it.God it was freezing in the afternoon yesterday(-2 C) when i went to Ctown,and last night i was thinking that anytime now, anytime now.Just as i was springing up from my bed, Teja got in,dusting snow from his shoulders, confirming the good news.It was like a festival, that we were all expecting.I rushed to the window to see a snow covered serene exterior.Trees clutching on to whatever snow they could gather, holding out their wide branches, and the cars blanketed by a uniform layer of white everywhere.I went to the balcony and saw the lovely fir trees in my backyard covered with snow.Watching the snow for the first time filled me up with a inexplicable joy, a child like glee, a genuinely warm feeling,Cibin who was also awake, accompanied me and Teja as we decided to take a small walk to Johnson Park nearby,As i reached downstairs, and opened the door, a wide grin found its place on my face.It was beautiful,rally beautiful.Do I hear Sinatra in the background??The walk was nice,we took photos, made snowballs wrote our names on the snow.It crunches beneath your shoes, and it feels actually like powdered ice.It was around -5 C .It was freezing as hell.I couldn't imagine being outside without warm clothes.Later after we came back and I was sitting on the comp when it started snowing again.I went downstairs to take photos.I was alone as it snowed ,quite heavily actually, the birds were chirping madly,and trees stared back at me,I smiled as the radio in my head was playing "let it snow" on repeat.

The fire is slowly dying,
And, my dear, we're still good-bying,
But as long as you love me so,
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!



3 comments:

Ramya Ramadurai said...

Something about your first snow.. Always, makes you smile. incredibly,indescribably happy. :) Nice work, keep it going.

Unknown said...

im so jealous nw..but hey in a nice way...de pics look gud..never seen it snow till now..dats why i lov de detailin..u r so gud at dat..

anangrawat said...

dude u r a lucky guy
with the snow and all
so when u coming back