Friday, March 28, 2008

Is it ok to be away from home...??

I am afraid I will be away from home for so long that I will stop being homesick.Or that when i return home I feel out of place,because my comfort zone has been rebuilt somewhere else.I would never want that.my mother says my Jyathakam (My horoscope) speaks of a long tenure away from home.How long it doesn't say.It could be over,it might not even have started,like the impending recession.My stubborn mule of a mind refuses to call any place else home.I made sure I call it "Hostel" or "Apartment".I have issues..I know.
August this year,will mark 5 years since started my Theerthatanam( pilgrimage/travels in search of self),though its basically studies that took me everywhere.I did not join Infosys because I wanted life to be on my terms.I did not want them to toss me anywhere they want and make me work like a slave.It would have definitely meant a permanent move from Delhi.If I were to work like a slave, let it be on a salary that makes me feel it to be worthwhile :) ...People come to the US thinking they will go back in 5-10 years.They never do.They settle down.Life makes you face things you dread inside.I fear thats what will happen to me.I live constantly with a feeling of impending doom...


PS:My God i don't remember the utensils that we use back home.I could always tell what dish was cooked in what pan/Kadhai.I am forgetting the commonplace things.Its definitely a sign of something...

No comments: